Welcome to the David C. Treen Instruction Technology Center, a place for staff to research educational material for technology. The center provides useful links and resources to various aspects of technology.
To develop responsible life-long learners who are able to achieve and excel in a global society of continuing technological advancement, the St. Tammany Parish School Board shall invest in state-of-the-art equipment and services, ensure teacher and staff development opportunities, and continuously maintain and upgrade its instructional technology base.
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
We believe that:
- public education is an investment in the future of our country and is the foundation for an informed democratic society;
- high standards of performance and continuous improvement are essential for high-quality education;
- knowledge of basic skills and critical thinking form the foundation for life-long learning;
- excellence in education and accountability for student success are best achieved through cooperative vision and effort of students, families, educators, and community;
- all students can learn to their potential given appropriate expectations, challenging curriculum, and high-quality instruction that addresses the individual learning styles, developmental levels, and backgrounds of students;
- school curriculum should be engaging, challenging, and responsive to the changing needs of society;
- technology skills are essential for enhancing communication, broadening sources of information, and functioning in a technology-rich society;
- a safe and caring school environment that supports the well-being and positive self-worth of students is fundamental to a high-quality education;
- teaching citizenship and modeling respect and ethical behavior are important to help students become productive, responsible members of our technology based society;
- the School District must attract and retain exemplary employees and must provide ongoing professional development that meets the needs of students, staff, and community;
- open, ongoing communication is necessary to build trust and cooperation;
- the school must address the intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and creative needs of students;
- a carefully planned developmental curriculum that is constantly evaluated, updated, and uniformly implemented is essential;
- learning opportunities reach beyond the classroom and the school and result from local school/parental/community involvement;
- learning activities are designed to meet the individual needs of the learner;
- individual abilities and interests of students are valued, and the curriculum reinforces positive self-concept and self-worth of students;
- the classroom teacher is the single most important factor influencing learning in the school setting;
- the role of the classroom teacher is to provide appropriate tasks and experiences that enable students to learn at a pace that allows daily successes;
- a firm foundation in the basic skills subjects is the basis for a sound educational program;
- ancillary school services provide support to the teacher and the child; and
- the education of children is a shared responsibility of school, parent, and community;
The mission of the St. Tammany Parish School Board is to provide a high-quality education for students, resulting in life-long learners and graduates who are prepared to solve today's problems and meet tomorrow's challenges.
The St. Tammany Parish School Board is developing a world-class and nationally recognized instructional technology program which promotes significant improvements in the learning and teaching process in its schools.